It’s been quite a week for news, with the autumn statement announced and pensions reforms, strike action and severe weather. Read on for the headlines that have been affecting older people.
Politics and money
- Millions plan to work past retirement age of 65 – Which?
- Longer wait for state pension – BBC News
- State pension hike hits disadvantaged hardest – Age Scotland
- Autumn statement: the pensioners’ view – Guardian
- Fish could protect against Alzheimer’s – Telegraph
- Centenarians much healthier than younger pensioners – Telegraph
- Scottish nursing and midwife jobs decrease – BBC News
- Figures show fewer deaths from heart disease and stroke in under 75s – STV News
- Pensioner murdered as he tried to stop thieves stealing his car – STV News
- Robber threatened 71 year old with rape before stealing her savings – STV News
Something for the weekend
- This column will change your life: age and creativity – Guardian