- 13,000 information fact sheets accessed via the Helpline and website
- 24,500 enquiries dealt with by our Helpline
- 100,000 people informed on how to cope with winter weather through our free Hot Tips calendar
- 509 Age Scotland member groups
- 640 older people’s groups that received one-to-one support from our development officers
- 300 delegates who attended our Regional Assemblies, representing many older people’s groups
- 75,000 miles travelled by our Community Development Team
- 74 member groups that received a share of Age Scotland’s £172,000 grant pot
- 5000 average number of monthly visitors to www.agescotland.org.uk
- 12 retail shops fully managed by Age Scotland Trading
- 10,000 free copies of Advantage distributed to keep older people informed
- 2,800 free ‘Life Books’ distributed, helping people better organise their personal affairs
- 5,500 travel insurance policies provided to older people across Scotland
- 550 people helped to plan ahead and save money through writing their funeral plan
- 39 people remembered Age Scotland in their wills, donating £1,782,981 to fund our work
- 260,000 steps along the Great Wall of China by four trekkers, raising an amazing £14,300 for older people’s groups
- 44,000 hats knitted to sit on innocent smoothie bottles and sold in Sainsbury’s and Boots to raise funds for Age Scotland.
We are looking forward to the opportunities that 2012 will bring to Age Scotland and older people across the country. Of course, there will be many challenges too, but with your help we can continue to make a huge difference to older people in Scotland and further afield.
Thank you so much for your support in 2011, and thank you in advance for your support in 2012. Happy New Year!